Saturday, July 28, 2012

Computer Crash

I realize that I said I was going to post something from camp everyday and have not. I do apologize, but this time it was out of my control. My computer hard drive crashed. I lost everything. Things I'm still remembering I had saved, I lost. Things I have forgotten about are gone and I won't be able to rediscover them. I can't blame anyone but myself which may be the most frustrating part. I did not back anything up. I did not have copies of things saved in safer places. Completely devastating and completely my own fault.

It's a strange thing to remember the comfort I had in all those firefox bookmarks (I must have had more than 70 with all the recipes, projects, blogs and other miscellaneous sites), apple sticky notes, word docs, pdf's, and not to mention pictures. Three years worth of photos. Three years worth of memories totally erased. Granted not entirely from my memory but the only semi-physical proof of them. It feels so odd.

I thought I was going to just be weeping about it but surprisingly enough I haven't cried at all. Which is really weird because I cry all the time. Maybe I need this sort of freedom. To restart and rejuvenate.

I'm still not excited about it but maybe I can just handle it and try to let it be a thing that happened instead of the WORST THING EVER. I'm sad but I'm handling it.

It happens all the time right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The Learning Curve of an Adult Child is singularly me. I suppose it's about the trials and tribulations involved in what "they" call being a grown-up. But maybe it's just about things that happen and things I think about... (Also, that is my computer generated pirate name) My other blog, [hap]hazard, is my best friend and I. We enjoy adventuring.

Followers